Thursday, July 31, 2008

Toenails are for sissies!!


Well, I've officially lost my first toenail because of running. I'm not sure if I should feel proud or not. Mostly, I'm just trying to not feel sick when I'm looking at my own feet...especially knowing that I'm probably going to lose more.

I'm still not fully "in love" with this running thing. I do feel great after finishing a 20-mile run, but I don't crave it like some people do. It would still be really easy for me to just sit on the couch instead of getting in bed for an early run or just taking a nap while my kids are asleep. I'm still hoping that a true love for running will develop.

I guess for now I'll just settle for knowing that I'm trying to be more healthy, teaching my kids that exercise is important (especially since everytime I'm sweaty Emma says "you've been running mommy?") and feeling pretty darn proud when I tell someone that I've run 20 miles by 8:30 in the morning and they're just getting out of bed.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I think I'm going to have to start getting Joel to check your blog for me and warn me about the nasty feet pictures! I feel your pain, though. Way to hang in there!