
She might not finish first like this crazy looking chic from Romania, but tomorrow morning my wife will run her first official marathon. I say official because she's already had three 26 mile runs in training. Granted tomorrow will have quite a bit more pomp and circumstance, a few more observers and an actual medal. All of her other long runs have been followed by getting kids ready for school or at least having them around enough to keep her from stealing a nap. Her marathon training has been well documented through the Toenail Trials of Angie Elliott, and I can't bring myself to see another picture of them. So I won't ask you to either.
To say I'm proud of Angie is a huge understatement. About 10 months ago Angie hated running and would be the first to admit it. She also would admit that she couldn't run 2 miles, but she set a goal and started working towards it. Half marathon in March and now a full in DC. She's inspired my lazy butt to start running as well. Granted I still have a lucid mind, so I won't be running anything near 26 miles, but I'm looking forward to some 5ks, 10ks and I'm contemplating the 1/2 marathon in Albany. I'm pretty sure that after tomorrow she will have something that she can look back at for the rest of her life as a huge accomplishment. Liam, Emma and I are proud of you!
Oh and this is my first ever blog. So, yes, the seal is broken and I will now forever document my every mood, event and circumstance. Prepare yourself world.
No comments:
Post a Comment