Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kid's say the funniest things...


We have a good friend and handyman named Carl.  He is from St. Lucia and is fairly difficult to understand when he speaks.  He has done a lot of work around our house, and Emma loves him.

Well, we are about to move and I was meeting with Carl to show him some things we need done to our new house.  The meeting took a little longer than expected, so I was about 5 minutes late picking Emma and Liam up from school.

(Now I need to go backwards a little before I tell you the next part.  Earlier that morning I'd gone over to one of our YL kids houses to wake her up on video as a surprise, and I'd worn a big afro big, and  I'd left it in the front seat of the car.)

So, when Emma got in the car I told her that I was so sorry I was late b/c I was meeting with Mr. Carl.  Then Emma looked in the front seat and said, " Mommy, I think Mr. Carl left his hair in here."  

Some other Emma classics:
-"I need some prisaby" (told to Liam as emma was going to the bathroom)
-"I'm going to new york city, baby" (after watching Madagascar 2).  She's also been inviting all of her friends to jump into the tv with her to go to new york.

And Liam's new favorite is to toot and then to point at his bottom and say "toot!"
-

2 comments:

Katherine said...

That is hilarious! And...what in the world...you're moving AGAIN!

Katie said...

Mary Evelyne's boy friend Joe who lives across the street was over one day and she took him up to her room. I don't really let them play up there, so I went up when I realized they were in there and they had the door shut. I opened it and asked why they needed it closed. Mary E said "we needed some privacy". Yikes!