Liam started Pre-K last week. Somehow it didn't hit me as hard as I thought it would. Although, the thought of him going to Kindergarten next year is hard for me to bear. This little boy holds my heart like none other. I often think of him as still being so little, but he's not. Yes, he's only 4...but somehow that feels so old sometimes.
I pray that I slow down every single day and cherish these moments. The last few years have gone by so quickly. I know I don't always sit down and enjoy my kids as much as I need to. It's so easy to get caught up in the "everyday" and schedules. But I don't want to miss one sweet hug or kiss or cute story that my kids tell me. I mostly just want to hold them in my arms and keep them little forever somehow.
Last week was also my Dad's birthday (think he loves his grandkids a little?) I'm not sure I could ever put into words how much my Dad means to me. I am so incredibly thankful that God chose him to be my father. He is such a wonderful example of who our Heavenly Father is. His unconditional love and support are such an amazing blessing to me and my family. He is always giving of himself and putting everyone else's needs before his own. He is a man who loves the Lord and everyone around him. And he is an amazing father. Happy Birthday, Dad!
On last Liam quote of the day:
(We were all outside and Liam was left inside alone. He walked outside and said), "Since I'm the only one inside, I guess I'm in charge of everything in here now!"
No comments:
Post a Comment