Sunday, April 29, 2012

Liam is 5!!!

How does this keep happening?  Somehow my kids keep getting older!  There's something very bittersweet about your kids growing up.  It's so fun to watch them do new and exciting things, as they grow up.  But it's also sad to realize they'll never be babies again.  It constantly reminds me to slow down and to cherish every single day with my kids.  I often catch myself just going through my day, doing my day-to-day "stuff" and not really sitting down to just "be" with my kids.  One day I won't be able to just cuddle with Liam for an hour every morning, and they won't want to give me 100 hugs and kisses all day long (without some embarrassment) and they might not come to me with every little boo-boo or to just show me the grasshopper they've just found...I don't want to miss a single minute (and I will one day invent a machine that makes time slow down).

birthday morning!

5!

Celebrating with friends!
5 Things I Love about Liam on his 5th birthday:
1) He loves to cuddle
2) He is FULL of adventure and energy
3) He has an incredible imagination...anything can become a toy gun, sword, spaceship
4) He can start a conversation with anyone...even complete strangers
5) His contagious laughter

No comments: