Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our little monkey

Over a week ago Liam fell out of the buggy at Lowe's onto the concrete floor. It happened in a matter of seconds. I leaned over to get the diaper bag and stood up just in time to see him flipping out of the buggy. I grabbed him immediately and checked everywhere to make sure he was OK. He cried for a few minutes, but once I got him outside and sat him on a riding lawnmower he was fine.
Then last Monday I felt a strange squishy spot on his head. I took him to the doctor and was told that it was a large hematoma that had developed from the fall. We were then sent to the hospital for some x-rays and found out that Liam has a skull fracture.
Friday we went for a CT Scan to see if anything else had happened. Thankfully, the doctor called Friday night to tell us that there is no internal bleeding. He just has a skull fracture.
It feels very strange to say that our 1 year old "just has a skull fracture". But I am thankful that that is all that it is. The doctor says that it should heal itself and we will have more x-rays done in 4-6 weeks to make sure it is healing properly.
Needless to say it was a fairly stressful week. It is always so scary to think about something happening to your children. And you realize how little control you have over all of it. Our only peace came from just knowing that the Lord was in complete control and that He would take care of us...and Liam.
Now we've just got to keep Liam from having any more big falls...which feels a little impossible with a 1 year old that has just learned to walk. He falls at least 20 times a day. So, once again, we are trusting that the Lord will take care of Liam and everything will heal exactly the way it is supposed to....and hopefully Liam will lose his desire to climb on everything in sight, as well.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Angie, I know that must have been so scary. I'm glad that everything is going to be okay.