Friday, June 27, 2008

Is it worth it?


I'm training to run a marathon in the fall. I ran a half back in March, and it really was fun. And so far the training has been fun. I've got a group of girls that I run with on Saturdays for the long runs...and despite getting up as early as 4:30 to beat the heat, I've enjoyed it. That is until last weekend after a 14-miler. I think my feet (i.e. toenails) are beginning to get tired of the running.

I'm gonna stick it out. I've come too far to stop now..and I'm so excited about getting to run the marahon with one of my dear friends, Leah, and meeting her 2 (or 3) sweet kids and seeing her hubby. Hopefully, I won't lose every toenail between now and then.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey, so sorry to hear about Belle. It's hard to lose such a special part of your family. I know she was a good dog for y'all. Hope you're doing okay.

Purifoy Family said...

wow- that's looks painful! Fun to run with Leah- when is the race?