Monday, January 11, 2010

Proud of myself!

So, I have no sewing skills.  I wish that I did, and I feel as though I should have them.  I grew up sewing.  My grandmother and I spent hours sewing clothes for me and my cabbage patch kids when I was younger (this is what happens when you have no siblings...you wear matching outfits with your cabbage patch kids).  But, none of it stuck, and I have no sewing skills today.  It might be that I don't have much confidence when it comes to a lot of that stuff and that my sewing machine (circa 1970) started smoking the last time I used it.

But I did make this shirt for emma's birthday.  Well, not the shirt, but I did put the "5" on it.  Yes, it was very easy...but I'm still pretty proud of myself.  

There are two things I would do if I had more time...sewing classes and photography classes.  Two things I wish I knew more about.  Maybe one day.  Until then...I guess I'll just be handstitching numbers on shirts!

We also had a great time celebrating Emma's birthday with a gymnastics party.  Great friends, great cake, great day!







No comments: