Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful...

   It's been almost 3 years since my Mom passed away.  There isn't a single day that goes by that I don't think of her.  Sometimes it's the smallest things, like spending time with my own daughter that remind me of my Mom.  Lately, it's been questions asked by Liam.  He was only 18 months old when she passed away.  I'd like to think that he remembers her, but I'm not sure if he does.  He always wants to know where she is and what I think she's doing in  heaven.  I wish more than anything that she'd been here longer, and that my kids had more memories of her.
   And as we go down this adoption journey, it's hard not to think of her constantly.  I wish she were here to share this with me.  It's crazy how many times I've just wanted to pick up the phone to ask her a quick question or to just tell her my fears and excitement as we go through this process.  There is just nothing that will ever compare to your relationship with your Mom.
   I sit here and wonder what went through her mind as she waited to bring me home.  Was she as nervous as I am?  Was she as excited as I am?  I would love for her to be here when we bring our child home.  But I'm so thankful for the years we had together and that God chose her to be my mom.  I am so incredibly blessed.
  And as I sit here and think about the amazing relationship I had with my Mom, I think about the child that is waiting for us.  The child that God has hand-picked for our family.  The child that I will get to love.  This child that is right now mother-less and father-less will soon be home with us.  He or she will be a part of this wonderful family that God has blessed me with.  I'm still fairly terrified, but I can't wait!

1 comment:

woosterweester said...

Hello Elliott Family! I just wanted to pop over and say thank you so much for dropping onto my blog for the giveaway a couple weeks ago. So excited for you guys adopting from China! Wow! As I was reading through this post it really touched my heart, and even though I don't know you, the emotion of losing your own mom and now getting to be a mother to a child who doesn't have one is simply powerful...any mama would be proud of a daughter like that. God bless you and your family!