Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tis the season to rejoice!

    Christmas break comes to an end tomorrow.  Time to get back into the swing of school, schedules, getting up early, homework and everything else that comes along with "reality".  I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 3 weeks.  I know some mommas are more than ready to get their kids back into school...but this momma has loved having her babies home.  Lots of sleeping in, cuddling on the couch, staying up late, playing with friends and just being together.
     It would take way too long to talk about everything we've been up to over the last few weeks, so I thought I'd just do it through some pictures.
Christmas tree shopping

Taking Christmas card pictures

Liam's Christmas program at school

Every year since I was Emma's age we've taken bags of goodies to kids at the RYDC (where my grandmother worked).  So fun to have my kids help with this tradition now.

Everyone helping out
Emma was the cow and Liam was the donkey at our  church for our nativity on Christmas Eve

Christmas morning...Daddys' new gun, so he can shoot Liam back

Sweet times on Christmas morning

Liam's pirate ship
I love the sweet concentration on his face when he's playing with his toys.  I could watch this all day!

Best thing about South Georgia on Christmas...it's warm enough to play outside on your new toys!

Emma and her new American Girl doll

Making Jesus' birthday cake
Best thing about making a cake...

Ringing in the new year with best friends


Watching fireworks

We also spent some time over the break serving and helping others.  It is an amazing thing to serve together as a family.  It's probably some of the most fun we had over the break.

We helped feed the homeless on Christmas Eve



We rang the bell for the Salvation Army
 And we also got to spend some time in Atlanta with family
   I'm also excited to write that our home study is officially complete.  We received the notarized copy 3 days before Christmas.  I had hoped we'd have it a few weeks before, but I'm so thankful to have that part done.  I sent off our Immigration application the very same day.  And I'm over half done with collecting everything we need to send off our Dossier.  Some days I forget we're even going through this process.  There's just so much waiting, and it can feel like it is all taking forever.  I don't want to get discouraged or frustrated.  Those are definite battles I'm fighting.  Instead I try to think that this time next year, there will be 5 stockings hung on the fireplace.  There will be 3 little faces that will come down the stairs on Christmas morning.  There will be even more laughter and even more cuddling and even more sweet time together when our child is home with us.

Now we're gearing up for a sweet little redhead who turns 7 on Saturday...

No comments: