Thursday, October 25, 2012

The countdown has begun....

     After over a year of paper-chasing, fingerprinting, waiting and more waiting....we are finally getting ready to travel to China.  We received our TA (travel approval) last week!!! And the plane tickets have been booked.  We leave in 2 weeks, and it can't get here fast enough.  I think this may be the longest 2 weeks of the last year.
     Truth we told, I'm so excited but also very nervous.  It's a feeling that is hard to explain.  We've been waiting to bring this precious little boy home for so long, and now that the time is here I have so many emotions.  If you know me...I already cry a lot...but these days I can't keep it together for more than 10 minutes.  I don't know if it's the relief that we are finally going or the nervousness of finally meeting him or what.  All I know is that this time next month, we will be at home as a family of 5!  And our lives will look very different.
     We meet with our social worker AND good friend, Emily, yesterday to talk about the travel, etc. in China.  And we started to talk about life when we get home.  I think I have always taken for granted that my biological children knew I was there mama from day 1.  They knew that we (me and Brad) would always take care of their needs.  They could cry and we would come running.  And that we would always keep them safe.  But Wren won't know all of that.  It will have to be learned.  We will have to teach him slowly that we are his mommy and daddy, and that we will never ever leave him.  I'm praying that from even day one, he knows how loved he is.
     So, we're in travel mode around here.  Trying to get together the last minute things we need for a one year old.  Trying to decide what to pack for a two week trip.  Soaking up the last two weeks as a family of 4.  And as part of that...we took our kids to their first UGA game this fall.  UGA is a big part of our lives...it's where Brad and I met, and Athens is still one of our favorite places.  It was so much fun to go as a family, and even more fun that we won!




   So, I'm going to try to update some while we're in China.  So, hopefully this will be a good place for everyone to see how things are going there, and see Wren!  Gotta go check some more things off my "to do before China" list. :)

No comments: