"But I want to hug him, Mommy."
"I want to tell him thank you."
"If I stand up in my bed I can see him."
But I'm convinced the greatest part of Santa is the ability to scare your child to death with threats that she won't get any presents if she isn't good.
Here's my favorite conversation from Christmas Eve:
(Brad and emma are on the way home from church on christmas eve)
brad: emma, if you keep acting ugly i'm going to have to call santa and tell him not to come
emma: do it, daddy. call him.
brad: OK. (brad calls santa) santa, please don't come. emma isn't been good. (brad hangs up)
if you're good, i'll call santa back later and tell him to come.
(later than night as brad puts emma to bed)
emma: daddy, don't forget to call santa back and tell him i've been good.
gosh, i wish santa were year-round!
Sadly, both kids were sick on Christmas...
Poor Liam had (has) bronchitis, which big sister brought home from school.
It was pitiful to watch him. It just made you want to take all of the pain away from him and put it on yourself. Both kids had fevers and felt terrible. But even with them feeling terrible, I felt blessed to know that it would pass. We've had so many friends lately whose kids have been diagnosed with extremely difficult illnesses...just knowing that Liam and Emma would be well very soon made it so much easier to handle.
And it really didn't put a damper on the day.
Emma still loved getting her kitchen, pots and pans and all...and Liam had a blast climbing on boxes, eating paper and ribbon (all the usual things 8 month olds do on Christmas).
Now, it's time to take down all of the Christmas decorations and get ready for a new year...2007 has been a great year. I can't wait to see what's in store for 2008.
1 comment:
I love thinking of Brad making that phone call.
Post a Comment