The last few weeks have seemed crazy. From Christmas to New Years to Emma's birthday, it's been sort of a whirlwind. I'm happy to say that we had an incredible birthday party yesterday. The weather was perfect..and we actually pulled off an outdoor party in January. We rented a jumpy house..which Emma has been talking about for weeks and there may be a major meltdown when it is picked up tomorrow. Cupcakes and ice cream were had by everyone (although we have 30 cupcakes left over that I feel obligated to eat as quickly as possible).
Emma got her first bike and lots of other great toys. Sadly, they've already all been taken away several times. I think it's just too much of an overload for a 3 year old to process that many toys at once. I think they cause some sort of craziness that she can't really control. So, we've decided to give them to her slowly. That way her birthday will last for months!
I am glad to sit down and take a deep breath. I couldn't have asked for a better day, but it took a lot to get ready for it. It'll be nice to have nothing to do for a while...except play with a lot of toys:)
Emma modeling some of her new stuff!
2 comments:
I'm glad I saw you had a blog on facebook. It will be good to keep up with y'all. Check us out at whitefolk.blogspot.com. Emma is precious. I can tell she and Mary Evelyne would be trouble together.
Don't lose heart Elliotts. Keep blogging and don't let the "Elliott's Adventures" become a passing fad!
Post a Comment