Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Still lovin' it



This summer it will have been 14 years since I first went to Frontier Ranch. Brad and I have both been YL leaders for 10+years. And we just got back from our umptenth trip to Sharptop Cove.
Things have changed over the years of being involved in Young Life. College, Marriage, YL Staff, many many moves, lots of high schoolers, numerous YL camps, kids of our own...but through each different stage one thing has remained constant...a burning desire to love high schoolers. It may be a little different than when we began..Liam has been to Sharptop twice in the last month, we're toting toddlers and strollers when we go to do contact work...but we both still love it. It brings us life and joy. We know without a doubt that it's a "calling", and the Lord has clearly called us. And we are so grateful for the chance to share Christ with kids that are living in a screwed up world and need to know His amazing love. Here's to 14 more years!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love y'all! How awesome for your kids to grow up doing contact work. I still remember going to that first College Life with Brad and Joel...good times.