Monday, September 26, 2011

Free Lemonade!!

Emma and Liam couldn't be more excited about having a new sibling.  They talk about it all of the time, and love to tell people...which can get some funny responses from people (especially when they decide to tell the cashier at Publix).  But it makes my heart smile every time to know that they are so excited.

They both have really wanted to help with the fundraising, so on Saturday we had a Lemonade Stand.  It was a lot of fun, and lots of friends stopped by and even helped.  I did have a hard time reminding them that is wasn't free lemonade.  They'd both stand on the curb and yell, "Free Lemonade!"  Not quite sure how that started.   But it was a huge success...mostly because it allowed them to feel even more a part of bringing their new brother or sister home!

As for where we are in the adoption process, we're right in the middle of our Home Study.  We've been fingerprinted twice, TB tested, gone for blood work, had physicals, visited numerous local government offices and overall, learned where a lot of things are that I had no idea existed before all this.  So, mostly now we've sent a lot of stuff in and have to wait for them to be filled out and sent back to us.

I've been told by a lot of people that a lot of the adoption process is waiting.  I don't know about y'all, but I am not always good at waiting.  I wish I could say I was a person that waits patiently for things, but I often am not.  So, this whole process is definitely teaching me (even more than I already knew) that God's timing is not my own.  I know it seems silly to say that how long something takes to get mailed back to us is under God's control, but I don't think it's silly at all.  I know His plans are sovereign.  I know He already knows exactly when this child will come home to us and all of the steps in between.  So, I'm trying my best to trust His timing and to wait patiently.

No comments: